Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Discharge Day!

My phone rang at 7:30 a.m.   There was a sleepy voice on the other end trying to get the message across that the nurse had disconnected  Jethenro's hydration iv and was getting the discharge papers ready.
Nitha had spent the night with Jethenro, and had a car~ but  no keys~and they need a parent to sign the discharge papers. I dropped my immediate plans and took off only to find them ~still sleeping! But it was true~Jethenro had cleared his chemo. We came home for a late breakfast.
This concludes one more phase of treatment except for some oral meds that continue through December 31.  There are no more scheduled hospital chemo visits.
However,the next phase will cause defenses to drop once again, and the possibility of getting sick or infections increase.
We ask for prayers concerning this distinct issue as the plan is to begin the next phase after the holidays.

2 comments:

  1. You guys will stay in my prayers for sure. Also I wanted to say how much I appreciate your comments on my blog. You always have great insight!
    Have a great rest of the day!
    Lisa :O)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will keep you all in my prayers, Marci. I am happy to hear that Jethenro gets to come home. Blessings to you and your family during this holiday season!
    Tonya

    ReplyDelete