Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Together...As a Family

This isnt normal. We are eating meals together as a family again. We have all been in church together as a family for 3 weeks in a row. We have time (and ability) to go to the beach together as a family. 
No longer are we getting up in the morning and rushing to get to an appointment at the clinic. In fact, Jethenro hadnt been to the clinic in 2 weeks until yesterday. And even yesterday his visit was simply for a lab draw.

These past couple of weeks have been incredible. Jethenro has had so much more energy now than he did even a couple of months before diagnosis. No longer is the couch being sat on. Instead he is at his computer, doing homework, talking cars with friends, running PA/AV at church, texting me as I am getting off of work asking if we can go bike riding when I get home. As one friend put it... "It's like you were never gone."

Sunday afternoon my dad and I were off work (we were supposed to go camping but it didnt work out) and decided on a family day at the beach. Both my parents and Roshi and I went once at separate times after Jethenro's diagnosis last summer but Jethenro hadnt been out to SPI since before he was diagnosed so it definitely was about time :)

.:.Genuine Smiles.:.

.:.Roshi had a test and spent most of the time studying for it.:.

.:.Mom: "What are you doing?"
Us: "We are digging a hole. Looking for a crab" lol.:.

.:.Sunset over the lagoon.:.

.:.Watching the sunset.:.

.:.Sunset.:.

God is good. All the time. These past 9 months have not been easy but God has blessed and blessed abundantly.

6 comments:

  1. This post has put a smile on my face and joy in my heart!! I understand EXACTLY what you are saying. I'm so happy for your family. God is Faithful

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Looks like so much fun -- you guys deserve it! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy to hear that your families lives are getting back to normal and that your sons energy level has gotten better. Lisa :O)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun day! :) That sunset is gorgeous! God says "I love you" in color...

    ReplyDelete
  5. So happy! Your post is the music of joy and blessing. I'm smiling too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Praise the Lord! So happy for all of you! :)

    ReplyDelete