Wednesday, May 02, 2012

Snapshot

Dont they look scrumptious? 

Jettie has almost been craving salads these last couple of weeks. Due to having a couple of new nurses in the family he was off fresh fruits/veggies while he was severely neutropenic or at risk of being so. The ONC team never told us he couldnt have such food but  Jettie's paranoid sisters recited well what was learned in nursing school ;) Once he reached maintenance levels the salads came back in full force. As far as I remember Jettie never had a great taste for salads. Oh, he ate them but they werent his favorite. Now... it's a different story. Salads are on the menu everyday. He just cant get enough :) 

4 comments:

  1. It does look scrumptious! It is wonderful when the body craves the thing that is good for it. I wonder if he'd like green smoothies too. Sometimes they really hit the spot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh you are making me STARVING now!!!! These look so wonderful--please tell EVERYTHING that is piled in that pile of salad!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay!!
    Salads are such delicious things to eat.
    When I was in the hospital once I craved salads and raw carrots and tomato juice and did not get any until the 12th day when I was going home and did not get to eat my lunch.
    Now I am curious why the nurses did not think he should have salads. I will look it up.
    Glad he is doing well so far.

    ReplyDelete