Sunday, February 23, 2014

Last Week

When we began this blog two years ago, I thought it would be a family venture of posting updates along the way...but I (mom) seem to have taken over the posting updates.  I mentioned this to Jethenro, and he just smiled...after all he is in nursing school!  lol... With both sisters away at college, they don't get in on the day to day happenings at home. That means you have to wait for updates until I get a chance to post them!  ;)

Last week Jethenro had another lp, beginning another cycle of his 3 year Maintenance phase. The countdown is on...he has 8 more months of chemo.  I am already helping him plan his 'off treatment recovery program' that will protect or heal any possible undetected  organ damage that might have taken place.

There is a new Dr. in the clinic that has done Jethenro's last two lp's.  She was also the one who treated Jethenro two weeks ago when he was so sick. I have been impressed with her bedside manners, and her clean/close to perfect lp sticks. The nurse happened to make a comment this week about the dr, and her own cancer journey.  Come to find out~she had the exact same type of leukemia when she was 12 years old!! No wonder she perfected her lp's!  She understands!  That explains her bedside manner techniques!  I practically cried as we discussed her experience. What a blessing to have her on the team.

Jethenro has been on antibiotics quite often over the past 9 months for sinus/upper respiratory infections and I was pleading with God to help us know what might be causing the frequent infections that seem to be getting more and more frequent and severe. The Pediatrician mentioned that this is related to allergies, and we weren't too sure he was right until...This last week I was impressed to have our reverse osmosis water tested, and discovered that the system  is not working, as the water came back the same as regular tap water. That night as I lay in bed praying, it occurred to me that the chemicals and contaminants in our city water are ones that Jethenro has reacted to on other occasions. I am hoping, and continue to pray that this will be the key that keeps him from having any more infections that require antibiotics.  
The serious 'I just woke up' look



No comments:

Post a Comment