Friday, July 22, 2011

Our 2nd Home


It was not surprising that one evening as my husband walks in the door after work, that I said, "Welcome Home!"  I looked around and realized what I had said...for here Jethenro has been.... One week ago today he had the emergency laparotomy. He is healing nicely, but on i.v. antibiotics, therefore the doc has kept him at the hospital to complete the 10 day course.
Donald has spent most every night and as many days as possible by Jethenro's side.  I have been driving back and forth from home bringing clean clothes and food for him.  We have been ever so grateful for the Ronald McDonald House.  We have used the kitchen and shower facilities daily. We have developed a new respect for the volunteers and donations to these facilities.

2 comments:

  1. We were at our second home this morning too- Dallas Children's Medical Center. The RMcD house has been a blessing to us as well- something I never imagined we'd experience.

    The Allen family is praying for the Halder family!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for BOTH the Allen family and the Halder family! Big hugs to both of you two special moms!

    ReplyDelete