Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Drama!!

Today was a scheduled chemo day.  Jethenro's appointment was early afternoon, so the morning was spent getting breakfast and other little chores accomplished.  However, Jethenro was not  hungry~and maybe it had something to do with bleeding gums.  Last night before going to bed we knew he had some  blood blisters in his mouth, but knowing he had an appointment at the clinic today, we went to bed, trusting God to protect him through the night. He woke feeling fine. However after he had been up for a short time, his gums began to bleed. That is a sign of low platelet counts. I called the clinic, and was just told to come in a little early for our appointment.  He still received chemo, but his blood counts reveal that his ANC (defenses) = 0.   I pray for his protection!! I believe that God has special immune protector angels just for him.
We are currently in the hospital, waiting for blood and platelet transfusions to begin...hoping that this will be the last time we have to do this.  This is the last hard phase of treatment they say~and Jethenro has one more week.
That was the normal part of our day.  The other part is that I slipped and fell very hard on the floor, cutting my face and breaking my glasses~ Really??? I don't have time for this!! I was so grateful that Roshi was home, and able to apply her nursing skills to 'put me back together'! I then had Donald look at it later, as he works close to the cancer clinic. He says it does not need stitches.   Fortunately I can use my broken glasses, and can postpone fixing them until tomorrow.
~ once again I learn to adjust~  

2 comments:

  1. oh, oh... so sorry for your fall on top of all the rest you carry on your shoulders.
    hope this transfusion will have your son feeling much better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Marci~ So very sorry for all the stress that you guys are going through. Watching our loved ones hurt and go through trials and all is so very hard. And then to fall and hurt yourself on top of it. Praying for you guys, Hoping things are better for everyone today, Lisa :o)

    ReplyDelete