Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Clinic Day :)


Guess who got to take that happy boy to the clinic today? Thats right! The happy girl standing next to him ;)
Between GYC and a trip to DC with Roshi to visit our dearest Aunt, Uncle, and cousin I havent been to any of Jettie's appointments for well over a month. When I realized he had an appointment today and that I had the day off I was more than a little excited to be able to accompany mom and Jettie to the clinic. In the end Jettie drove me to the clinic while Mom went and did some shopping. Knowing my mother I know she probably had some qualms about Jethenro getting chemo without her there but she trusted the 2 of us and after making sure we knew the medications and dosages Jettie was getting she sent us on our way. 
The clinic Jethenro goes to is a teaching clinic and as such Level 3 (the level Roshi is in) nursing students at our community college get to have a clinical rotation there. Today 3 of Roshi's classmates were there and got to access Jethenro and observe chemo administration. 
So far this evening it seems that Jethenro is feeling much less exhausted after this round than he has the last 2 weeks. The rest of this week and next week he will be taking steroids and then goes back for chemo on the 7th of February. Thank you for your continued prayers for Jethenro. Please pray that he stays well through the rest of this phase!

Thank you Mommy for letting me take Jettie to the clinic today - I loved the sibling time :) 

3 comments:

  1. he is so fortunate to have such a wonderful sister.
    siblings make such good friends.
    praying for your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. simply beautiful. the love that is in your family...beautiful.

    ReplyDelete