Friday, January 20, 2012

Quick Update

The chemo Jethenro had on Tuesday has wiped him out again.  He has been laying on his bed most of every day. His defenses have been "good" due to the steroids he was taking for a week.  Now his defenses will be dropping~which is the target~to go into immune suppression before building his defenses back up.

I knew it was going to be a couple of hours in the infusion room on Tuesday, so encouraged Jethenro to play some table games with me that were on a shelf in the play room.  His nurse overheard me talking about it, and came with an armload of table games to choose from found in another area~brand new ones!
She let us choose which one we wanted, and then went to the three other teenage kids in the room getting their hour+ long infusions.  Soon we could hear the laughter and lively discussions coming from different parts of the room as each family played games together.  The nurse said to me~ "I never thought of offering this before."  It made for making a bitter experience into something better. It was uplifting to hear the table game chatter coming from different parts of the room.
To top it off~as we were leaving the clinic, the nurse gave us the game for keeps. I thought I took a picture of Jethenro playing the game, but can't find it now~so here is the after we got home picture...
~We now have two games~
We will pay this kindness forward when given the opportunity.
~Found~ the picture from the clinic! Is that concentration...or...?

3 comments:

  1. I am always keeping Jethenro in my prayers. Love the cancer mom story, I would love to repost it on my blog, is that okay? Hugs, Trish & Hailey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trish, I think it is ok as long as you give the credit to who wrote it~another cancer mom.

      Delete
  2. What a sweet thing for the nurse to do! :)

    Praying for you all.

    ReplyDelete